The implementation of AFIS in certain regions/offices might not be viable as the requirement for criminal verifications is merely required on an adhoc basis.
SAPS 91A Form Verification Process
- On a Company Letterhead:
The letter must contain the following information:
- The company name requesting a Criminal by AFIS Check to be performed on the candidate;
- The reason for the request, e.g. Employment Purposes;
- The candidate details (Full Names and Surnames, Maiden Names, ID number, Passport Number, Date of Birth.)
- If order numbers are required for processing, please also add it to the letter.
- Set of Original Fingerprints on a SAPS 91(a) form (available from all Police Stations.)
Please make sure that the SAPS 91(a) form contains the following information:
- Details of Police Officer who took the fingerprints;
- SAPS Date Stamp.
- Clear copy of ID/Passport document.
- Signed MIE Indemnity form.
- Original Fingerprints, documentation and information are couriered to MIE.
- Once all requirements are met, the criminal check is submitted to Afiswitch and feedback will be supplied within three to five business days.
Alternative SAPS 91A Form Verification Process
- Alternatively the manual fingerprints/SAPS 91A process can now be done via EPCV/SmartScreen® by selecting the specific request namely; Criminal by AFIS- Manual, where you are required to attach the indemnity form and copy of the person’s ID to the request before submitting it to MIE.
- Please note that the original set of fingerprints SAPS 91A will still need to be couriered to MIE 252 Jean Avenue Jean Park Chambers Building 1 Centurion 0157, as we cannot use a scanned copy.