With the increasing news and concern regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus, MIE wants to ensure our clients that we are closely monitoring the developing situation.
We are continuing to reaffirm our standard business continuation plans, including our operational and client service capabilities with a significant number of staff members working from home or at remote sites. We would like to update you on our approach to the pandemic and our response to President Ramaphosa’s declaration of COVID-19 as a national disaster.
As part of our plans to protect our staff, our clients and ensure continuity of service, we are informing you that we have instituted the following measures with immediate effect:
- Suspended all international travel and significantly curtailed local travel;
- Suspended all client events and gatherings until further notice;
- Implemented measures to ensure that potentially infected staff or high risk individuals work remotely;
- Implemented measures to ensure that potentially at-risk individuals are protected;
- Implemented office and personal hygiene measures;
- Segmented office space and teams to ensure consistent shift patterns and smaller working groups; and
- Revised policies and procedures where necessary.
What is crucial, is that we recognize the dynamic nature of COVID-19 as well as the uniqueness in every client situation. We have directed client management teams to be highly responsive to your directives in your particular environment. In this regard, please note the following:
- Where we have people on your sites, employees will be instructed to follow all guidelines set out by your policies, as amended or re-directed from time to time;
- Where we have large sites serving you from our own locations, we are in the process of executing our own Business Continuity Management plans to minimize impacts and reduce risk of contagion;
- Where applicable and feasible, we have invoked supervised remote work and remote meetings using a variety of technologies to ensure continuity on projects and other client work; and
- We have also taken steps to reduce the number of face to face meetings and stand-ups, favoring remote meeting technology to ensure continued momentum and support.
Our client service management teams and leadership are on hand to work with your teams to ensure we follow your protocols. We are monitoring the news closely and will adapt our protocols as required to ensure that we provide the best quality service whilst considering the well-being for our clients, employees and their families and communities.
Our operating hours remain between 8:00 and 17:00, Monday to Friday and if at any point you are unable to reach your Key Account Manager or a contact person in the team, please direct any query to email@example.com
and one of our service teams will ensure your query is directed to the appropriate person.