NQR™ – National Qualifications Register
The National Qualifications Register (or NQR™) is South Africa’s first commercial aggregated qualifications register.
Owned and operated by MIE, the register was established in an ongoing effort to optimise the accuracy and speed of qualification verifications.
The NQR™ is an electronic register of all qualifications issued by the subscribing institutions. It is updated regularly to reflect the most recent graduation status for each institution, and enables almost instantaneous verification feedback for resident qualifications.
The NQR™ is an important tool for the verification industry, and is widely deployed to assist both public and private organisations in assuring the integrity of their workforces.
Established in October 2000, the NQR™ has upwards of 2.9 million student qualification entries, and is being actively used in the market place. To date, almost all of South Africa’s leading Universities and Universities of Technology, and several independent colleges, subscribe to the register, while MIE is negotiating with several others for their inclusion.
The following institutions are formal suppliers to the NQR™:
- Accounting Professional Training
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Continuing Education University of Pretoria
- Durban University of Technology
- Medical University of South Africa
- Monash University South Africa
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- North-West University
- Regenesys School of Public Management
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- St Augustine College of South Africa
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Cape Town
- University KwaZulu-Natal
- University of the Free State
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
- University of Venda
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Zululand
- Vaal University of Technology
- Walter Sisulu University