To conduct a background check, certain information is required before the check can be submitted:
- Individual’s consent for the checks to be conducted. (The MIE consent form needs to be signed by the individual)
- Individual’s South African ID number or passport number, date of birth, full names as they appear on the Identity Document.
- Any information and documentation required for a particular background check e.g. copies of academic qualifications
To conduct a background check, the following quick and easy steps need to be followed:
Capture and submit the background checks.
- Directly on our website (ePCV) (This is available for both current contract clients and pay-as-you-go clients)
- Via our SmartScreen application. (This is available for contract clients only)
- Send a list of checks to be conducted in a batch using the MIE Excel Format. (This is available for contract clients only)
- Capture and submit via your own system by integrating into the MIE services. (This is available for contract clients only)
Supply any additional information
- MIE may request additional information in order to complete a check. This may include a copy of the consent form or a copy of the academic certificate.
- This information can be uploaded to MIE via the website or SmartScreen, or it can be emailed as an attachment.
View MIE Report
- Depending on the checks submitted, results can take from several minutes to several days.
- By default, the report will be emailed to the person that submitted the request for verification.
- The report can also be viewed via ePCV or SmartScreen.